Saturday, June 18, 2011

Quilt To Give Sew Along


Image from Nancy Ziemen's blog

My taste in quilt fabrics has really matured over the past 10 years. I used to rush to buy anything I could lay my hands on. Big pieces for backings, anything on sale, solids, kiddy prints, small prints and large gaudy prints.
As I'm packing up the sewing room in preparation for the big move I'm considering what to do with these fabrics I don't love... They are taking up precious storage space and they no longer inspire me to sew.
I could give them away or I could sew them up into simple quilts for charity.
I came across a great site today encouraging quilters to sew Column Quilts for charity. I like this technique, simple and effective. The solid fabrics pull the quilt together. I may enlist the help of some quilting buddies for this project :-)
Want to join me??

No comments: