Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pin Cushions


I'm officially over my magnetic pin cushions, it's so hard to grab a pin quickly and everything gets wrapped in threads. So I decided to use some scraps and make myself a nice solid one to sit next to the machine. As I had run out of fibre fill I cut up pieces of wool wadding and used that instead. It works like a charm, the wool has plenty of body and enough weight to stop it from sliding about... Now I can keep all my pins and needles sorted so I can always find the right one for the job :-)



Fia made me this cute coffee cup pin cushion earlier this year.
I topped up the filling with some wool wadding and it is now nice and solid too.
This is the one I'll use next to me when I'm hand quilting... I love the button she bought secretly for me whilst on holidays!

No comments: