Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to me!

We celebrated Mother's Day with a delicious lunch at Indo Rasa in Kingsford. It was superb, possibly the best Indonesian food I've had in Sydney. All the sauces and dressings tasted very authentic and fresh. The biggest surprise was the bill, we ordered plenty of food and often these big family meals can run up to $350. Here it was $15/ head. Amazing, it's like being on holidays!



Today, I received my little squishy parcel from Etsy containing a layer cake of the new Denyse Schmidt fabrics, Picnic and Fairground. I've seen plenty of photos of this range but I wasn't sure if I'd love it in real life. Now that I've put a few of them together in pairs and auditioned them with some other fabrics I can attest to the buzz out there in the quilting world. They are gorgeous and very good quality. Much better than fabric I've previously purchased from JoAnn's. In today's Spotlight flyer they had some pretty cute "feedsacks" and "retro vintage cottons". May have to pop in and take a look...

No comments: