Sunday, August 10, 2008

sleepy sunday











On this sleepy Sunday that confusingly switches between sunshine and rain I begin my first blog post. Now that Jo has one we're guaranteed an audience of 1! There's something about a sleepy Sunday that inspires a new project.


Not that I need any! I've got plenty of quilts unfinished in the studio (known as UFOs or Un Finished Objects) There's even one hanging on the design wall waiting for me to perfect my 1/4" seam on my whizbang machine that does everything but the dishes!



The kids have also got their own projects to work on. Ollie is getting to know his new Lego Robot friend and Sofia is getting messy with the PVA and the make-a-doll Mermaid kit.


Going to try to keep these posts brief so I'll get back to my ho-hum laundry and organising tomorrow's cookery lesson.


The students have asked we cook Chinese tomorrow in honour of the Beijing Olympics. I'm thinking pot sticker dumplings, fried rice, eggplant & snow pea stir fry and almond cookies. I've been playing around with a vegetarian dumpling recipe and Sofia and I are pretty happy with the results :-)


So will try and post pictures and recipes on Tuesday.


Chau for now!





No comments: